Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Barbecue Pork On Buns

Who said you have to use the grill or the oven for barbecue pork?

I recently cooked this in my slow cooker, and it was very good! So good in fact, I am going to cook it again this weekend!

The recipe says "cola carbonated beverage", and I used Coca-Cola. I am sure any cola would work fine, but I recall my mother pouring a can of Coke over the ham she would bake at Christmas or Easter, and how good it always was. So, using Coke was a no brainer.

Use your favorite bottled barbecue sauce to cook this. 

Be prepared for the pork to be so tender that it will either fall apart or break in two when you try to remove it from your slow cooker. Mine broke in two, and I just used my handy dandy tongs to pull the pork apart, and mixed it with the delicious sauce and onions in the slow cooker.

As a friend of mine used to say, "it was so good it'll make your tongue slap your brains out".

*       *       *       *       *       *       *



Ingredients

2 lb boneless pork loin
1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup cola carbonated beverage
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
8 sandwich buns

Combine all ingredients (except buns) in a 4 quart slow cooker. Cook covered on high for 5-6 hours, until very tender.

Drain and slice or shred pork and serve on buns with additional barbecue sauce if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Histats